We all have time constraints. Even if you don’t then it still pays to get something done quicker, better and with less stress. These are the techniques I use to speed up my blogging so I can get the job done, even with working 6 days a week, a wife to love and a daughter to look after.
The Crunch – How to Blog Quickly
- Plan – I spend a few hours at the start of the week planning what I am going to write, what marketing I am going to do and most important of all… creating the titles. I put this plan into writing. Time < 2 hours each week
- Prepare – I put these titles onto an empty page, tell my unconscious to work on the articles and I sleep on it. Time < 3 minutes
- Read – I use my RSS feed to see whats going on. If there are any posts I like I comment. If I have a relationship with the blogger then they are in a special category in my reader, so I remember to interact regularly. Time < 1 hour per day
- Market – I have a marketing plan for each day of the week. I implement it. Time < 30 minutes per day
- Write – When it comes to writing I make sure I am off line (that means the Internet cable is UNPLUGGED!) and tell myself I am just going to write for a few minutes to get started. I hit the flow and get the basics down. Time < 30 minutes
- Improve – So, after 5-30 minutes of writing the shell is complete, then I read through it and improve it. Time <15 minutes
- Polish – Its then time to add the polish. Time < 15 minutes ( Total Writing Time < 1hour )
- Publish – I log onto the net and give myself 30 minutes to get the post up. This means finding pictures or links or quotes if necessary and getting the formatting right. Time < 30 minutes
- Comment – I approve and reply to comments. Visit commentators sites. Time < 30 minutes
Most of the time comes in the morning before I head to work. I like to keep the evenings and day off for my family and interests. Some of these things I am not doing everyday. The most important thing is strict time limits. Choose your limits and your mind will work hard to fit into them.